Powered by Blogger.

Moonlight and Peonies - A Fresh Start

by - 10:02



So, as some of you might remember, I had another blog before this. Well, with the new year and the creation of Luci.T Designs, I’ve decided to lay that blog to rest- God bless its soul. 

I figured I’d start afresh with a new blog rather than simply just delete old posts. And what better way to start a new blog than to write about about Luci.T Designs. 

I’m stroking my own ego, if you will. 

At least I would, if I had any. 

I mean- what? 

Anyway, my original handle of Spectre was created solely for gaming. However, because most of the people I met online were people I speak to because of gaming, the name Spectre stuck as I started opening commissions. 

But now as I’m approaching an end to my time in university, I thought I needed a proper brand name to introduce myself by; thus the creation of Luci.T. 

It took me awhile of scratching my head to figure out a nice little logo for myself. I tend to overthink these things. It’s great. 

Whilst looking through my Instagram for ideas of things I’ve done or seen recently (sneaky self promo right there), I saw a photo of peonies I had taken during the summer. 

The reason why I had gone out and bought a bouquet was because that was the first time I had seen real peonies. Growing up, I’ve only ever seen paintings and photographs of the flowers and I always thought they were the prettiest things. It was also a flower that popped up a lot in Chinese art and literature, which drew me to them even more. 

I figured whilst I was working on ideas based on my life and history, I’d pick some other memory for inspiration. That was when I remembered a song my dad used to sing. He wouldn’t sing the whole song, just the chorus and I can’t speak mandarin for the life of me but I still remember the words to it. 

It was “The Moon Represents My Heart,” by Teresa Teng. 

I got my questionable artistic talent and encouragement to draw early in life from my father and because I’m terrible at expressing myself verbally, I thought this would be a small, low-key way to acknowledge and show my appreciation. 

Not that he’ll ever know. Because again, I’m terrible at any emotional expression. 

This is a great start. 


Lucine





You May Also Like

0 comments